Humanscale Diffrient World Chair
Humanscale’s commitment to simplicity has led to the design of the Diffrient World Chair. A high performance all mesh task chair that intuitively fits one or 1,000 different users. Diffrient World’s tri-panel backrest hugs the body to provide tailor made support, while it’s mesh seat eliminates contact stress under the thighs. The major innovation is the mechanism-free recline action, which leverages two parts of the chair’s frame, the user’s body weight and the laws of physics to provide automatic and balanced support throughout the full range of recline.
- From design legend Niels Diffrient, the Diffrient World chair features an unprecedented combination of performance, sustainability and simplicity
- With its weight sensitive recline the Diffrient World chair automatically supports every user at every recline position
- Form Sensing Mesh Technology provides tailor made lumbar support without manual controls
- Mesh textile also has a ventilating effect keeping you cool while you work
- Diffrient World’s effortless ergonomics makes it the ideal task chair
- Every occupant can take full advantage of the ergonomic benefits the moment they sit down, without even thinking about it
- Features revolutionary tri-panel mesh design which provides optimal ergonomic support and comfort by melding strength, flexibility and resiliency
- Pinstripe is a light weight mesh, that still manages to provide strength and support of a much heavier mesh, by using two different monofilament stretch yarns to provide firmness and excellent recovery of the fabric.
- Frame and five star base constructed from injection moulded, structural, integral colour glass filled nylon 6 in stylish White, Grey or Black finish
- Full range of Humanscale ergonomic tools and accessories available to create a truly ergonomic work environment
- 10 year manufacturer guarantee
- Delivered assembled and ready for use
- Self Adjusting Recline – revolutionary mechanism free design harnesses the laws of physics and the user’s body weight. Automatically provides appropriate support and resistance regardless of user’s size. No unnecessary recline locks or tensions springs to set or adjust. User aintains near constant eye level during recline.
- Pivoting Backrest – extra motion of the backrest during recline automatically adjusts to the changing needs of the spine. Adapts automatically to provide additional lumbar support as needed.
- Form Sensing Mesh Technology – tri panel, non stretch mesh construction creates body fitting contours and self adjusting lumbar for an automatic, customised fit.
- Mesh Seat – frameless front edge eliminates contact stress behind the knee. Low abrasion mesh protects clothing.
- Body Fit – size adjustable to fit widest range of body sizes. Automatically customises recline resistance and lumbar support for every user. Manual adjustments for fit to size: Seat height 125mm adjustment range – Seat depth 90mm adjustment range
- Standard Cylinder – provides seat height range that accommodates 95% of the population.
- Duron Armrests – adjustable or fixed armrests connect to the backrest instead of the seat to stay with the body during recline. Also available without arms.
- Mesh Textile – light Pinstripe mesh offered in Black, Graphite, Silver or White.
- Castors – standard hard castors for carpeted flooring or soft castors for hard floors.
|Seat Height||405 to 535|
|Seat Depth||420 to 510|
|Chair Height||925 to 1055|
|Fixed Armrest Height||250|
|Adjustable Armrest Height||200 to 280|
|Distance Between Armrests||485|
|Backrest Recline||17° recline plus 8° backrest tilt|
|Rated For Use||Up to 136kg|
|Weight||12.2kg (armless 11.3kg)|