- Inspire better posture with an ergonomic kneeling chair.
- Endorsed and approved by chiropractors.
- Designed for commercial office use up to 8 hours per day and EN 1335 certified.
- Promotes active sitting via upper body balance and control.
- Encourages the sitter to engage abdominal and back muscles.
- Helps to maintain the natural curve of the spine potentially easing lower back issues.
- Robust tubular steel frame with easy to use gas lift height adjustment.
- Deep cushioned seat and knee pad for comfort.
- Crib 5 fabrics and foams throughout. Fire retardant tested to BS5852.
- Durable epoxy coated frame finish in Silver or Black.
- Seat and knee pads offered in selection of lovely fabric colours.
- Recommended for persons up to 110kg (17 stone).
- Supplied with hard wearing twin wheel hooded castors.
- 1 year manufacturers guarantee.
- Delivered flat packed for easy self assembly.
- View all Kneeling Chairs: Posture Improving Ergonomic Chairs
Special offer prices only applies to specific product options as indicated above.
Chiropractor Report - Posture Deluxe Metal Kneeler Chairs
- Endorsed and approved by Robert Bateman BSC DC DCHA Chiropractor, see below.
Kneeling chairs are designed to help put the user in a position that promotes and helps to maintain a better posture. They also allow movement of the user while sitting helping to reduce muscle fatigue. The kneeling chair uses the concept of active sitting versus passive sitting. In a normal chair, your body tends to be either slumped and relaxed or tense and straight; neither of which are ideal postures. This can eventually lead to spinal problems and various other ailments linked to a sedentary lifestyle. Kneeling stools promote active sitting through continual, controlled movement. As the upper body is self-supported, it has to balance itself which encourages the sitter to use their abdominal and back muscles.
Kneeling chairs position you with an open hip angle the posture encouraged in a kneeling chair is different to traditional seating. By tilting the pelvis forward and lowering the knees in relation to the hips, the spine is encouraged to adopt the correct alignment, such as when standing. This means the weight and compressive forces of the upper body are distributed through the seat and the legs, so the discs are not squeezed out of shape and muscle strain is not required to maintain upright. Compression on the discs of the lumbar spine is relieved by as much as 35% when seated in this kneeling-like posture. This positioning also allows improved blood flow to the discs, which may delay the process of disc degeneration.
The use of a kneeling chair should be graduated. The user will not be able to maintain a good posture for longer periods as soon as they switch from a normal office chair. The postural and core muscles will fatigue fairly quickly to begin but as they get stronger the user will be able to sit on the kneeling chair for longer. A kneeling chair is not designed to be used all day but for shorter periods of time: Probably for no longer than 3-4 hours maximum.
What does Chiropractor Approved and Endorsed mean?
This chair has been examined and tested by a UK registered Chiropractor with over 20 years of full time clinical experience – Robert Bateman BSc DC DCHA, GCC Registration No. 00412.
Every chair in the Chiropractor Endorsed range has been designed as a combination of engineering and manufacturing expertise and the natural human anatomy, biophysics and biomechanics.
Every feature is on the chair for a reason and has been developed to match the natural shape of the spine and pelvis as the chair has been built but with parameters to the features so that the chairs suit a wide range of users.
The Chiropractor has been involved in the designing phase and testing of the chairs, compiling reports on each chair to demonstrate their benefits as an Ergonomic office chair.
The criteria that makes an office chair ergonomic are nicely set out by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS): https://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/ergonomics/office/chair.html
All of the chairs that bear the Chiropractor Endorsed seal go above and beyond the simple criteria outlined by the CCOHS