Moulded Wood or Moulding

December 15th, 2017

In carpentry and wood work, strips of wood can be shaped with stylised contours as an added decoration or ornamental feature.  Moulded wood is also known as mouldings, beaded wood or beading.

Last Modified / Updated on: March 17, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Contact Office Furniture Online

Free Delivery On All Orders

Random Glossary term

  • Tongue

    A tongue is a reduced thickness on the edge of a board generally to slot together with a corresponding groove in an adjoining furniture component.  There are varying types used in carpentry for a variety of purposes, including angled joints, e.g. barefaced tongue, loose tongue, double tongue, or hook joint. Also see Tongue and Groove. … Read the full post …

Office Furniture News