February 18th, 2018

In carpentry and joinery, a ‘mortise’ is a cut recess or hole in a furniture component into which a perfectly fitting projection or tenon is slotted from the end of another piece of the furniture.

Last Modified / Updated on: March 17, 2017 at 4:32 pm

Contact Office Furniture Online

Free Delivery On All Orders

Random Glossary term

  • Bole

    A tree trunk is sometimes called the bole.  After felling, all branches are removed, leaving the trunk.  This processed bole may then be called a log, (hence the term ‘logging’.)

Office Furniture News